Saturday, June 30, 2007

Ups and Downs

So this is just a short update on how support raising is going so far, coupled with a few stories/examples, and a praise. So far the meetings I've had, with the exception of one, have been discouraging. However, yesterday I was blessed with three one-time gifts, 2 from friends, and 1 from a couple at church. So that was an awesome blessing! Today on the other hand, I spent all morning sending emails, writing thank you notes, and writing letters, to be greeted with 3 Nos right off the bat. Now, I totally respect people who don't feel that they are called to give, or simply don't have the money to give...that is totally ok! I know that not everyone is called to this ministry the way that I am. What surprises me is how mean people can be!! I got an email today that essentially said "Chelsea, I didn't pray about whether or not to support you, but I don't want to support you, and I won't be praying for you either....but have a nice life..." How nice, right?! So pretty much today has been discouraging altogether...however...one bright spot in my day: I got to talk to a teammate on the phone earlier who was really encouraging to me. It was nice to be able to swap stories and commiserate on the trials of support raising with someone. She even prayed over the phone with me, for us and all the support we need to raise, it was really a blessing. This got me thinking about how excited I am to spend the next year with these 5 people, 3 of whom I already know at least a little bit...but more importantly, who desperately love Jesus and have a heart for Venezuelan students just like I do! I'm excited for the hard times and the good times, I'm excited to be a part of this team of people who are all so different but who are all taking huge steps of faith to follow the Lord with their lives. That is the blessing of my day.....the other blessing of my day? Matt Kim is in my kitchen right now making dinner for 7 people who are coming over tonight (roommates are out of town so I can do whatever I want!)...He planned it all, and he's doing all the cooking, all I have to do is hang out......I like that! I love my friends, so hopefully it'll be a great evening. I'm taking a break from support stuff for the evening, the negative morning has kind of taken it out of me. Feel free to pray for me!

No comments: