Sunday, June 17, 2007

Support Letter

Dear Friends, June 5, 2007

I hope this letter finds you and your loved ones doing well, and enjoying this beautiful summer. I’d like to take a few moments and give you an update on what has been happening in my life.…
I just graduated from the University of Washington with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Philosophy. It feels great to officially be an “adult” now, but at the same time it is terrifying! Looking back at the last four years, I realize that some of the most valuable experiences I’ve had have been in working with an organization called Campus Crusade for Christ. Through Campus Crusade I have really learned what a personal relationship with Jesus Christ looks like, and how to live that out in my everyday life. Another thing I have come to see is that there are people all over the world who desperately need to hear about Christ’s love for them. God has given me a heart for these people. It is for this reason that, after a significant amount of prayer, I have realized that God is calling me to serve on STINT next year in Venezuela.
STINT stands for Short Term International. STINT is a year-long opportunity to work as a missionary on a college campus in another country. Last summer I spent 6 weeks in Merida, Venezuela at the Universidad de los Andes (ULA) working with their ministry, Vida Estudiantil. After seeing the students’ hunger to know the true, living God, and the need for people who are willing to share His love with them, I have decided to commit one year of my life to serving the ministry down there. Together with a team of students from all over the Northwest, I will be helping to build the ministry, disciple students, and share the gospel with the students at ULA.
One of the things that really struck me about the Venezuelan students is that, while they understand the basics about who Jesus is and what religion is about, they often perceive God as distant and impersonal, rather than the compassionate and faithful Father that He is. For many people in South America religion is solely a cultural practice and not a reason for living. Many of the people in Venezuela live as slaves to sin because they haven’t had the opportunity to hear the true gospel. I can’t think of a better way to spend the next year than telling students about the freedom that can be found in Jesus Christ.
I am leaving on August 13th, but before I can set off on this adventure, I have the challenge of raising my financial support to live in Venezuela for the year. Like many other mission organizations, Campus Crusade for Christ interns must raise all of their own support. I am currently meeting with people like you to put together a team of ministry partners who would be willing to assist me in my upcoming endeavor financially as well as in prayer. I would love to get together with you for a short meeting and share more about my plans for the year. I will be calling you in a few days to see if we can set up a time to meet and talk. Thank you so much for considering joining my team!

Until the world knows,



Chelsea Hasenpflug



201 N. Brown Rd, Sequim, WA 98382
(360) 809-3259 chelsea.rose.85@gmail.com

No comments: