Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Aww, home again...

So, yesterday at work the decided to mention to me that if I didn't feel like coming in today, then I didn't need to (they gave out too many hours and they needed them back...). So, rather than wait until Wednesday morning to head back to the homeland (Sequim,WA, for those of you who don't know...) I quickly drove home, packed up some stuff to take (ie: dirty laundry to do in my mom's washer - free is always better! and some things I am going to give to the garage sale my mom is having sometime this summer - to make room for the 3 other girls who are currently living in my apartment) and began the drive "home". Being a Monday evening there was hardly a wait at the Edmonds ferry and surprisingly (as I was driving in between 5 and 8) very little traffic, so I made it to Sequim by 8 pm. Around 9, my dad and I decided to go visit my grandmother. As we drove through town, I started to remember things about small towns....everything was closed! All the lights in the stores down the "main drag" were closed, and there was not a single car at the stoplights (other than ours, of course). Amazing! It's hard to believe that I lived here, and did not go insane for 8 years of my life. I'm definitely a city girl. Anyway, needless to say...it's pretty quiet around here in Sunny Sequim. This morning I got up to meet my mom for breakfast on her "lunch" break at 9:30 in the morning (she went to work at 6:00). We met the quaint little coffee place on the corner that seems odd to me, as I'm a Starbucks junky and can't remember the last time that I had coffee from somewhere else. The funny thing was that as I was driving to meet her, I discovered that I ended up by my old high school, and I had no idea how to get to the coffee place!! Feeling rather foolish I called my mom for directions...to a place I've been a million times before! Oh well...it's been a long time since I've been in Sequim...and for those of you that know me, I'm TERRIBLE with directions. Needless to say breakfast was nice, quaint, and quiet.

As you may or may not know, my main purpose for coming "home" this weekend is to see my little brother graduate from Peninsula college with his AA! I'm so proud of him, he's an adorable (over 6 foot) "little" brother. Among my other priorities for this trip, I want to spend quality time with my family, first and foremost. I'm also giving my roommates a little time without my Nazi-like organizational tendencies to have some fun in the apartment, and be as messy as they want! Currently, a long with working at Eddie Bauer, I'm also working on support raising. I would just like to state, for the record, that yes - it truly is/should be a full time job. I've found that the amount of effort I've put into it so far has truly been huge, and I don't foresee it getting any easier the rest of the summer. Luckily, God is in charge, not me! I know that this is what He has called me to do, and I'm going to do it. A few things to pray for: 1). Continued support raising efforts amongst my friends, who to this point have been incredibly discouraging.... 2). I'm giving a presentation at "my" church on Sunday...which I'm pretty freaked out about! Providentially, I happen to know that God gives us a peace which surpasses all understanding...so I know that I don't have to worry too much. 3). I'm having an interview about the local paper, the Sequim Gazette, doing a story about my trip...tomorrow! yikes...so hopefully, all of these things go well and can be God-honoring. I was reading yesterday in Colossians, and here is something that just really struck me. Colossians 1:10 says "so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God." This is my prayer for my life. So often I forget to live a life worthy of the Lord....but only through His grace and love will I ever get better at it. Alright, I think that's it for now........thanks for keeping me in your prayers!

No comments: