Thursday, June 14, 2007

Graduation



So to start all this off I just wanted to share a few things about the huge feat (sp?) that I have recently *accomplished*. Now i have accomplished in *s, because, while it technically was accomplished by me, it would have been impossible without God's grace on my life and the help and input of so many people in my life. I would never have made it through college without the amazing friendships that I made and the support my parents and friends have given me. I love you guys! Most importantly, without God's amazing grace and mercy I never would have survived. So many times I felt like I was up against impossible obstacles, but every time through the grace of God, and on His strength alone, I made it. All praise and glory to the God MOST HIGH! Anyway...


The actual day of graduation was quite a soggy one....it rained, typical Seattle rain (rather appropriate really) the entire time. We were given plastic ponchos as we stood in line (indoors, luckily). One of the things that I enjoyed the most was the random conglomeration of people that I ended up sitting with...Sarah Peek, Stephanie Smith, Steph's roommate, Julie and I met up beforehand to walk over together. Julie left to sit with the Bachelor of Science candidates, and the rest of us went to line up with our Bachelor of Arts folks. In line we encountered Ben Bandel, a 6'7" ex-Husky football player, friend of mine from Eddie Bauer, so he ended up with us. Then, my ex-roommate (from freshman year, the goth, crazy, skulls girl) Kaarin was also in line next to us, so she joined our crowd. Then Katie Downing called and she ended up coming over as well. So in the end we had quite a random group, but it was fun anyway (minus the cold and raining part). The speaker was terrible...but oh well.

Needless to say, despite all the difficulties and trials in the last 4 years, despite rain and plastic ponchos, I graduated last Saturday, solely by the grace of God. Now, I'm an "adult"?!?!?!?!? Whatever that means, haha. Nevertheless, I know God has great plans for me in the upcoming years....I will be sharing them with you shortly.

No comments: