Monday, December 15, 2008

Getting hit on accidently...

Awkward moment that happened at work the other day....

Me: Hi, how are you doing today? What can I help you with?

(40+ year old) Man: Hey, I'm good just doing a deposit...It's cold outside, etc etc.

*Man's phone rings*

Man (to person on phone): (IN SPANISH) Hey man, I can't talk right now I'm chatting with the pretty girl at the bank...

Me (in my head...): wow, awkward. He has no idea that I know what he just said.

Me (out loud): (IN SPANISH) Hey guess what? I understand you...I speak Spanish.

*awkward pause...at least 30 seconds, he just stares at me*

Finally he says: Well....I didn't say anything that isn't true! You are a beautiful girl....

Awkward...so much awkward. I proceeded to chat with him in Spanish for the rest of the transaction.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I can't figure out who hit on who? Sounds like the beginning of a Latin fling either way.