Sunday, December 7, 2008

17 Cent Karma

Today (I started writing this yesterday) I had an event which, if I believed in karma, would have been very karmic. I was at the grocery store getting ready to purchase my items, and there was a girl (ok, woman) in front of me who was short 17 cents. Now (and this speaks to what has come of our culture) I didn't have any cash, and neither did the checker, to give her. She just kind of stood there looking sad and helpless and holding out the cash that she did have...Before I even realized what I was doing I offered to buy something for her....She was very shocked (as were the checker and bag boy) but accepted and I purchased her taco seasoning.....Not a big deal right? I know you all would have done the same, it seems like a pretty common, and small, blessing to be able to give someone. Then as I walked out to my car and unloaded my groceries, a man pulled into the spot next to me and got out. He offered to take back my cart! Also not unusual, but still a small blessing. The two events seemed to balance each other out in my mind - and I blame it on the Holidays. People are in such a better mood at Christmas......Which is why the Salvation Army people are out at Christmas...speaking of which, I haven't seen any of those yet...odd. I'm sure now I will.....Holiday blessings to all of you!

No comments: