Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Lars and the Real Girl


Movie Review #2 -

Lars and the Real Girl
My Rating: 8.0

I'm not a movie person, but if I was this is my type of movie. It's a little off kilter as far as movies go, but I found it enjoyable as well as really was able to take on the plight of the people in the story. It felt significantly more real-life than many "romantic comdedies" (and I wouldn't even necessarily categorize this one as a romantic comedy, not typical by any means). I enjoyed a movie without violence, swearing and very little sexual innuendo for the firs time in a long time! It seems that very few movies are made without those things anymore. Anyway, I won't spoil it for you, but I'd highly recommend this movie if you're looking for something a little different, a little bit confusing at first, and yet heart warming in outcome.

1 comment:

Julie said...

So we rented this movie because of your review on it...Chelsea, do you want a "real man"? This movie was pretty ridiculous.