Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Cat Lady

It's official...I AM THE CAT LADY. My friends oh-so-lovingly dubbed me with this title a while back due to 2 things: 1). I absolutely adore cats, oftentimes more than people (not saying I should, just stating the facts) and 2). I'm pretty much the only single person left in the world (ok, just my world in which anyone my age is married, engaged, and thinking about children). I am doomed to be the "cat lady" to grow up an old maid who has hundreds of cats, who (eventually when I die) eat my decaying body because no one finds me in my lonely apartment where I live alone.

Ok...maybe that's a bit extreme, but - I had my first true experience of being a cat lady yesterday. It was my day off, so I went for a run. On my way back, I walked into our apartment complex (a very long and uphill drive way). Close to the front a cat ran up to me! It was all gray, and - get this - it was wearing a gray sweater! How weird? A cat in a sweater. Don't get it. Anyway, I stopped to pet it for a moment, although being wary (as I am allergic to cats, lol - which will make being a cat lady difficult) not to fluff up the fur too much. I planned to progress up to my apartment, but this sweater-wearing-cat followed me! It jumped at me and tried to grab my ipod cord! It rubbed against my legs and feet and purred...awwwwwww. It followed me all the way to my apartment. I think it was hungry, but I don't exactly have a supply of cat food on hand - I gave it CheezIts....heehee. My cat at home loves pretzels, so it was worth a shot! Unfortunately "sweater cat" as I have so named her in my head, wasn't interested, and scampered away to find another single lonely lady with better snacks. lol.

Needless to say...there are 4 cheezits outside my door. and I've had a look into my future....eek!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

even if you truly become The Cat Lady, WolfMother will always love you

Julie said...

So to be just a cat lady you can have up to 2 cats, but to be a crazy cat lady, you have to have 3 or more. Think about it.
By the way, Anonymous, I know who you are.

Noemma said...

lol. I thought I was the only single person left! I could be an old maid with you! Except I don't like cats. I can have dogs instead, I suppose!