Monday, September 17, 2007

One Brisk Morning.

After a cold shower this morning, due to a pilot light problem (I think I lit it correctly though, so who knows....) I'm wide awake enough to share a few more stories. Especially since we are waiting for the guys to make it to our apartment. Neither of us has keys to the others apartments (you need keys to even get into the building) so they have to stand below our window and whistle until we drop the keys down to them. Needless to say, it's rather fun, although ghetto.

A few of you have asked about my facebook status concerning the "exploding toilet". Well, it's exactly like it sounds, however not nearly as bad as it sounds. It does not explode from the bowl, but rather the top tank part. There is a faulty connection, and every once in a while (well, it's happened 3 times so far) water will just begin to spew from the top of the tank and flood the bathroom and user of the bathroom. Yes, that is correct. We never know when it will happen, so far it has happened twice in the middle of the night. That has deterred me from using the bathroom at night....so we'll see what happens.

Yesterday on the bus, the cuuuuuutest little girl sat across the aisle from me. She was maybe 4 or 5. She kept staring and staring at me. She tried to talk to me a couple times, but she was so quiet that I couldn't hear her (and she was speaking Spanish, of which I only speak a little). I laughed though because she turned to her mom and said (in Spanish of course) "I think she speaks English!!". It was too cute. Eventually she did get to talk to me and ask me my name, in turn I found out that hers was something along the lines of Flelanglee? I'm really not sure......

Anyway, the guys are here so I've got to go....we'll see if more comes to mind later. Chau Chamos!

1 comment:

Claudia Banquez said...

I prefer a exploding toilet than.... you know!!