Monday, September 24, 2007

CSI: Merida

Well a while back we had an interesting house-guest that I've been meaning to write about and as of yet have not had the time or the relevant photographs. Here it is, it's a simple story really. The team has finished dinner and is relaxing and chatting together when suddenly there is the sound of scurrying and yelping from the kitchen, where the boys were doing the dishes (since the girls had prepared the dinner). Eager to find out what the calamity was some members of the team jumped up and ran to the kitchen to inspect the source of the noise. To our dismay, the scurrying noises were coming from a gigantic CUCARACHA! (cockroach). He scurried about the floor of our kitchen perusing for dropped snacks, or perhaps a holey get-away, while I clambered up onto the couch with surprising speed, yelling "get it!" and keeping all my apendages from touching the floor where the cucaracha could potentially bite or crawl on them. The others did not agree with me, however, and opted instead to take pictures of it (Ivan is pictured here).

Finally, after all of the picture taking fun had ended, Eben (Superman, the Rock, Antonio, there are many names for him) sent our friend to an eternal resting place with a forceful and loud smack of a his shoe. R.I.P. cucaracha.

It was only after the brutal mutilation of the giant beast that Claudia told us it was probably their pet from last year named Rosie. Apparently, they had captured Rosie and given her a plastic bag habitat. Being a hungry little bugger (I'd imagine) Rosie gnawed her way through the bag and escaped. Looks like we killed Rosie, and did a good job at that. oops!

Needless to say, after rounds and rounds of pictures had been taken and many laughs had (rather, horrified nervous laughter from myself) we decided they looked like pictures from CSI. So we've begun a new show CSI: Merida, which will be taking place throughout this year. I will keep you posted.

Thought of the day: If you had told me 4 years ago when I left my small hometown, Sequim, for the big city (Seattle) for college, that after graduation I would be living in a foreign country in a home where cockroaches are acceptable visitors for afternoon tea, I'd have laughed at you. It's amazing how different things are in your life, when you relinquish control to the Almighty, am I right?

No comments: