Monday, August 27, 2007

"Weekend" at "Home"

So I say "weekend" because it wasn't really a weekend, it was Weds-Sat, and I say "home" because it's not technically home, although I lived there for 4 years (Seattle) though it is not currently my home, I hope it will be again someday. With that said, and my title explained, I can say I had a great "weekend" in Seattle this past week. I ended up going earlier than I had planned on, so that I could have a meeting with Brian about STINT stuff. I got there around the middle of the day Wednesday. That day and evening I got to hang out with my girls, they even patronized me in traversing around Seattle looking for somewhere with WiFi access (which it turns out we were able to get in the apartment after all, but some divine coincidence I believe)......I love my girls.


Early Thursday morning, Tracy and I headed to SeaTac to pick up Barlow. We hit virtually no traffic, which was awesome, but we did have some minor confusion in the parking garage which resulted in us parking by China Airlines.....oops :) Needless to say we picked him up, without any of the funny sign holdings, or excessive flailing with excitement we had previously discussed, for the sake of his dignity (i'm pretty sure we lost ours some time ago...). We spent the day mostly just catching up, hanging out, playing tetris, and drinking both Jamba Juice AND Starbucks. In the evening Barlow and I had tickets to go see "Young Frankenstein" - the newest Mel Brooks musical that is premiering in Seattle before going to Broadway. It was great fun - to do a quick review of the show - I'd say it was pretty awesome. The sets were very intricately detailed and the dialogue/musical numbers were both witty and charming (while containing rather "sensitive" subject matter at times) and definitely had the crowd laughing for a large portion of the show. The actors were all very talented, and I was very impressed with the whole thing. We even stayed afterwards to see if we could meet the actors (Barlow loves to do this, so I went along with it). We did get to see/meet a couple of the main actors, including Roger Bart who played Dr. Frankenstein himself. All in all, it was a lot of fun. Barlow stayed one more day, and he, Julie, Andy and I got to go to Red Robin together just like old times.....before taking him back to SeaTac.

To top the weekend off, my community group through me a "surprise" goodbye breakfast on Saturday morning (although I happened to find out about it beforehand). I felt very blessed that they cared so much to do that for me. The food was fantastic, and it was a lot of fun getting to hang out with them all one last time. We even did some worship, and they played my favorite song: Passover. They laid hands on me and sent me out in prayer, which I really appreciated (I really need it!) Julie and I ended the weekend with a shopping trip, which was much needed, to get me a few of the last things that I need to take with me to VZ. I finally found of pair of shoes that I am happy with!

Currently I am at 81% of my support.....please keep praying that God will come through with a miracle and provide the rest because there is no way it's going to happen on my power! Thanks for all your support and prayers, I desperately need them.

No comments: