Sunday, July 15, 2007

Visit from Una Sapa!

So, as you may or may not know I have been feeling pretty discouraged lately about support raising stuff. I have been stuck at 17% for over a week now. However, I was really encouraged this weekend. Lucia, one of the students from the ministry in Venezuela, is here in the states visiting. So yesterday I went to pick her up from Chehalis. Although, it was much more complicated than that. It ended up that I met Sarah - the leader of my team - in Federal Way, and we drove together to Chehalis. So we got to chat and get to know each other better, which was really cool. I even got to chat with her grandparents for a little while, as we made a stop at their house on the way.


We met Lu and Lisa (an ex-stinter who I got to meet last summer) in Chehalis and Lisa handed Lu over to us for the trip back to Federal Way. We got stuck in some pretty heavy traffic, so it took quite a significant amount of time to get back. Although we kept ourselves pretty entertained by asking odd questions and listening to Spanish music. We dropped Sarah off in Federal Way, but not before taking a few snapshots to commemorate our adventure.

Lu and I headed back to Seattle and met up with some friends so I could introduce her. We didn't do anything too significant, our activities included dinner in U-Village, a trip to the Mac store, old school video games and a late night Jamba Juice run....but I was encouraged just the same. Spending time with Lu reminded me about all the Venezuelans who still so desperately need Jesus. It's so easy to get caught up in the details of support raising and how frustrating it can be....but it's so good to be reminded that we live for and serve an awesome, powerful King and that He is still so totally in control. If He desires for me to serve in Venezuela He will be the one to bring in the funds....no one else! It doesn't matter how much I worry about it one bit.

After a lunch at the Olive Garden today we took Lu back, ironically, to Federal Way and dropped her off with Roxanne (another ex-stinter). It was also really good to chat, although only briefly, with both Lisa and Roxanne, who have done the who MPD thing and know how INCREDIBLY hard it is! Anyway, all of that to say....my support hasn't gone up much this week, but I did finally break out of the 17% barrier, and I know that the Lord will bring in the rest, if it is in accordance with His will. I praise God for the refreshment He brought me this weekend. I am so excited to spend the next year with Sarah, and Lu and all of the other people on my team and those I will meet!!

By the way: Sapa means frog! That is Lu's favorite new thing to call people. We also taught her "Super Duper Fly" this weekend, as her new favorite English saying. I think it ended up being more like "Dupafly"....but it's all good!

No comments: