Monday, July 23, 2007

So long Eddie Bauer...and Stability

This morning I worked my final shift at Eddie Bauer. I have worked there for 11 months.....there have been ups and downs but overall, I really enjoyed working there. In contradiction with almost everyone I know, or have ever met, I enjoy working retail. I really enjoy working with people and interacting with people as a job. The only job I've had that tops Eddie Bauer, would have to be teaching swim lessons at SARC. That was a riot, the kids were adorable, and we almost always walked away with funny stories....Eddie Bauer has been one of the only consistencies in my life this year, and for that reason I felt melancholy walking out of the store today, rather than the relief I've felt at the end of other jobs. My life at the moment is filled with uncertainty in almost every area....Will I raise the support I need, or not? If I don't....I don't have plans, a job, a home....the only thing I can count on is Jesus.....I'm moving out of my apartment in a week, I left my job today, I have 26% of my support and am running dangerously low on contacts.....More than ever before, I'm putting my life in the Lord's hands....Wholly Surrendered, as it should be each and every day.

One other thing I can count on....my parents. As many qualms as I may have with my parents, they are very generous people and I know that they will take care of me as long as I need them....I'll always need them, and they're always there to help me out. Whatever my flaws, whatever their flaws, I hope I am as much of a blessing to them as they are to me.

To sum up, I'll miss Eddie Bauer, I'm terrified about the amount of control over my life I have given up, but the Lord is Faithful beyond belief, and no matter where I end up, He's going to provide for me (although it may not be in the way I'd desire initially). He has also blessed me with parents that are amazing and that will always be there for me, as well they are able.

Wholly Surrendered......eek!

No comments: