Sunday, July 29, 2007

Knees to the Earth?

Ok, so a few people have asked me now, what I mean, or how I chose my blog title "....with Knees to the Earth". In fact, there are a few reasons...

First and foremost, I desire to live my life in complete humility before the Lord. (I'm not saying that I do actually live that way, because let's face it, I am a sinner, and wrecked by the fall as much as anyone out there, however...) I try to live every day of my life "on my knees" completely and wholly surrendered to the God who reigns, Jesus Christ. Every morning I make the choice to surrender my life, my desires, my needs over to the Lord and give Him control over my life. The idea of bowing, falling to my knees, in front of the King is one part of where the name comes from.

Second, there is a really awesome song called "Knees to the Earth" that I originally heard in Venezuela on project in '06 from my girl, Noemma - shout out! Love you girl....Anyway, this song is really beautiful and it just elaborates on this concept of bowing before the King of all, the Wonderful, Beautiful Savior that we serve. In case you want to read it (and I suggest you do, because it's amazing....) here are the lyrics....

Wonderful Savior
My heart belongs to Thee
I will remember always the blood You shed for me
Wonderful Savior
My heart will know Your worth
So I will embrace You always as I walk this earth

Chorus:
Be blessed, be loved, be lifted high
Be treasured here
Be glorified
I owe my life to You my Lord
Here I am....

Beautiful Jesus
How may I bless Your heart?
**********Knees to the earth I bow down to everything You are*********
Beautiful Jesus
You are my only worth
So let me embrace You always as I walk this earth

I try every day to live in complete surrender to the Lord, every day I stumble and fall in my own sin, every day He picks me up, dusts me off and I sink to my knees in awe of His grace.