Saturday, May 22, 2010

First, you take the peanut butter...

Things that happened in the first grade class yesterday...

I overheard this conversation:

Little Girl #1: "Emily! Guess what??"
Little Girl #2: "What?"
#1: "I just got to read with MS. H.!!!!"
#2: "No way, that's so cool!"
#1: "I didn't even have to ask her, just she knew I was an excellent reader so she wanted to hear me read!"
#2: "You're so lucky...sigh"

(Don't worry...I prompty read with girl #2, who is also an excellent reader...haha)

On the playground, one of the little girls comes up to me and says...
Ms. H. what are you gonna have for lunch?
Me: Well, I don't know yet.
Her: Are you gonna go eat in the teacher's special room?
Me: Maybe, I'm not sure yet...
Her: You know what you should do? You should have a PBJ!!!!! Have you ever had one? They're AWESOME.
Me: Oh yes, I've had those, they're pretty good.
Her: They are so good, let me tell you how to make one so you can have one for lunch. First you take the peanut butter....

Thus proceeded and incredibly detailed instruction on making a PBJ. She refused to believe that I had eaten one before...how could I possibly understand the intricacies of this delicacy!?! She is clearly the expert:)

One of the cutest little boys in the world came up to me to ask me a question. However, I happened to be leaning over another student's desk, so when he came up behind me and grabbed my side, it was very ticklish! I proceeded to jump and yelp a little bit....which of course, was the funniest thing in the whole world to this little boy. He was very happy with himself that he scared me and kept trying to get me again later...Fortunately I was prepared and could head those little hands off at the pass....he's gonna be a ladies man in 10 years!

In the middle of "circle time" while all the students were sitting quietly and discussing their non-fiction magazine articles, I looked up. Across the circle from me, one of the troublemakers was sitting with upside-down aviator sunglasses on his face...just chillin. I laughed aloud, until I caught myself. He saw me laugh and then for the rest of the day kept sneaking to put the glasses on whenever I came near his desk...until the teacher took them away.

Kids are so funny. They give me a lot of joy...even the troublemakers!

No comments: