Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Por fin (finally)....*deep breath*

an update! Surprisingly enough, they took away our email (today is the first day without it) BUT we can access other sites (not facebook or twitter or gmail...but apparently blogging is ok). So I figured it's high time to give you, my few straggling followers, an update on my life, and perhaps, explain why I have been off the radar for the last couple months...

So....as you know, I've been applying to graduate school (to get my Master's in Teaching!). I took the WEST-B, the Washington Educators Skills Test - Basic, in February. I applied to City University of Seattle and Seattle Pacific University (also in February). In March, I had an interview with CityU and also studied for and took the WEST-E exam (Washington State Educators Skills Test - Endorsement) last weekend. I breathed a sigh of relief, believing that I would have a brief respite from all the stress, application filling-out, interviewing, studying, etc...

I was wrong. Yesterday I got an email from CityU saying that I needed to accept my spot (oh yeah, btw, I got accepted to CityU on the spot at my interview!!) by APRIL 13th. WHAT?!?! I won't even know whether or not I am accepted to SPU by then :S

Then I got home yesterday and there was mail from SPU. Mail stating that they are putting on group interviews for my program on Saturday April 25th.. SATURDAY. Now some of you may not know, but a huge part of all the struggles over dates I've had have been about Saturdays (because WaMu is open on Saturday, but of course, all the tellers want it off). I could not believe my misfortune. I fought and fought and fought to get the Saturdays off to take my exams, and also took a couple vacation days to go see my family before Easter (which includes a Saturday). I've pretty much used up all my Saturdays for the rest of my WaMu career. So.........getting that Saturday off for the interview is a no, non-negotiable. PROBLEM.

That is where I'm at currently, I plan to call SPU today and see if they will grant me another opportunity to come in for an interview. eek! At the interview for CityU they asked me a bunch of questions, of course, but they also made me explain what I would do in various disciplinary situations within the classroom, etc. Then, I had to do a spontaneous writing sample about an educational article. I survived, but it was tough! For SPU, I have to prepare a mini-lesson plan and TEACH IT to my interviewers. SCARY! Well, that is, if they even let me interview.....pray for that!

So, there you have it folks. Absolutely nothing INTERESTING, but a whole heck of a lot of frustrating.

On a positive note, I'm loving the fact that it is still light outside when I get off of work....LOVING IT. Even though I have nothing to do in the evening, it's still great to actually SEE the sun!

1 comment:

Neuro said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.