Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ideas Needed!

Well, strike everything I just said. Ok, not everything, just a little. SPU is hosting a make-up interview on Tuesday April 28th, so THAT will be the big day.

Although, I know that it doesn't ACTUALLY matter if I get accepted to SPU, because, either way - I have a school to go to. I haven't decided which of them is my first choice. I really like how the program looks at CityU, but I'll have to learn more about the program at SPU before I make my decision. Then again, if I don't get accepted to SPU then the decision is made for me!

What do I need your help with? I have to give a "mini-lesson" to the interviers and fellow interviewees that shows my competence and countenance as a teacher. YIKES. So, basically I need something impressive that I can teach in a 5-10 minutes session. Anyone else have any great ideas? I shall be thinking about it for the next couple weeks, but welcome your input!

Side note: I'm a good speller, in fact, I may be a great speller. But I ALWAYS always ALWAYS have trouble telling the difference between when to use effect and when to use affect. I can tell the difference when I'm reading, but when I actually go to use them - I'm so confused! It has been explained to me, repeatedly and in a variety of ways, and yet, it does not compute in my head. On the WEST-E exam, there was a question about affect and effect.......I think I got it right, but really who knows?!

1 comment:

Matt Mikalatos said...

Don't worry about impressing with the topic, impress with the teaching. I say pick a topic you are passionate about and know well and stick to that.