Monday, February 16, 2009

Isn't it Ironic?

I am a writer, I always have been, always will be (that's not the ironic part). I love writing and I think I've been blessed with the creativity and skills to be a good writer. I write on this blog infrequently these days, but I also write in a journal and have throughout my life written in many forms. Just the other day my mom discovered an old box of poetry from my younger days...well, we won't examine that too thoroughly, I used to think all poems had to rhyme. eeshk! Not my best work....Here's the ironic thing: I have spent the last month trying to write an entrance exam to get into graduate school. I can't do it! The harder I try the less capable I am of putting thoughts onto paper in any sort of interesting manner. I've written and thrown out my essay 4 different times, each time starting over in a completely different way. The essays lack voice and character and they read more like a medical chart than a captivating piece on my aspirations of becoming an educator. It's ironic that the thing that I'm so good at and love doing is currently the biggest thorn in my side and is what is getting in the way of my reaching my goal. Hm.........

No comments: