Sunday, February 1, 2009

Did you know?!

So, for a the last week or so there has been a "game" going around facebook in which one person writes a note including 25 unknown/interesting facts about themselves to share....while I'm not really a big fan of forwards and that kind of thing, I recognize that this blog has been a bit vacant recently, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to share some little known (or maybe not, depending on how well I know you) facts about myself with you....

Ok, here are my 25 unknown/uninteresting, oops I mean interesting things about me.....

1). I've been tear-gassed.

2). I have a "condition" known as Grapheme Synesthesia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grapheme-color_synesthesia) in which I associate every number is a color. I also do it for people, but with people the colors change. Up until a couple years ago I thought this was normal...since I discovered it's not, I've only known one other person who has it - my mom. Must be genetic....

3). I'm excrutiatingly shy. I know most of you don't believe me, but it's true.

4). I've eaten ostrich. and pheasant. and venison.

5). I've never seen Lord of the Rings. and I plan on keeping it that way.

6). I dislike foods based on texture more than on taste. (I hate mushrooms, seafood, and pretty much anything slimy for that reason)

7). My closet is organized....by color AND categorized into daytime/nicer.

8). My favorite TV show of all time is FRIENDS. I'm pretty sure I have every line memorized. Challenge me sometime....

9). I LOVE WARMTH and SUNSHINE. I would much rather be too hot than too cold. Why do I live in Seattle, you ask? I wonder that as well...but I do love how beautifully green it is in Washington.

10). I want 4 kids. yup, 4. However, that might be a problem (see 11).)

11). As of this month, I've been single for 4, count 'em 4 years.....I'm ok with it, but society is not.

12). I'm currently applying to graduate school to get my Master's in Teaching...it's a stressful process, but if I'm lucky enough to get in, I am so excited to go back to school.

13). I'm an ESTJ personality type. Heavy on the E and the J.

14). I heart Tae Bo. I'm horribly inflexible and weak, but I love love love it.

15). Most of the people I love live far away from me these days :( With a few exceptions...

16). I'm a music junkie. Seriously I'm always looking for new good music. I've recently discovered Wilco and Band of Horses. Also the new singles by Lifehouse and The Fray are worth a listen.

17). I loved snow all my life until this December. Now it is my worst enemy.

18). I've been piranha fishing. and seen an anaconda up close and personal :S

19). I talk in my sleep! Ask me about wrapping presents for "the old jazz band people"

20). I love to play the piano, although I only took lessons for two years, so I'm not that good.

21). I suck at all sports. But I love to swim and play tennis. And I like to go to sporting events on occasion.

22). I did not vote in the McCain/Obama election, nor did I watch the Superbowl.

23). I love learning languages. I speak some Spanish...and I've just started learning Bosnian. Ti su curka! Zravo drugarice. Sta ima? Zaspah....cool, huh?

24). I hate driving, especially if there are people in my car. But really, I hate driving in general.

25). I named our washing machine and my bedroom door.

I'm also realizing that by posting this on my blog, it will re-post to facebook...oops!

1 comment:

Noemma said...

What color do you associate with me? :)