Monday, February 16, 2009

Eavesdropping...

Yesterday (Sunday) morning I opted for a quiet time and some study time at Starbucks (my valentine's gift was not a box of chocolates or red roses, but rather, a starbucks card! wow, if that doesn't say love, I don't know what does...). I hunkered down with my beloved coffee and arranged my study materials on the table. Little did I know that the three middle-aged gentleman at the table behind mine were chatting...loudly....about things I didn't want to know. They talked about their wives, 2 of them were divorced, and about how they never loved them. Really? Then why did you marry her? One man regaled the others with anecdotes of his new girlfriend (22 years old...that would make her....YOUNGER THAN ME.....yuck!) Do men not understand that that is scummy? and not cool? It doesn't make them more of a dude, it makes them more disgusting. Anyway, I couldn't see any of their faces, but their stories prompted me to get up and move to another table...but as I attempted to exit my chair, I managed to spill the entire contents of my purse, including a bottle of tylenol, over the entire Starbucks floor. As I scrambled to pick up all the contents (and believe me there are a lot! I'm carrying not only the normal purse items, but also work items, studying items, quiet time items, library books, etc....) about 10 people, INCLUDING these men walked by...they walked over my stuff. Not a single person stopped to help me. Not a good samaritan in the bunch...ok, that may be an exageration, but it kind of felt like it. Well, so much for my Starbucks fairytale.......

P.S. What kind of a bank is open on President's day?!?!? I've had a total of maybe 20 customers, and that may be a stretch.

1 comment:

Noemma said...

The fact that no one helped you with your stuff...perhaps it's because they weren't Venezuelan...?