Saturday, October 6, 2007

Please Pray...

Hello Friends, I need your help/prayers!

I'm here in Venezuela, as you know if you have been following these entries, doing my job working with Vida Estudiantil. One problem, I have 3 supporters, who committed monthly amounts to support my being here - and they are not keeping up with that promise - I was $300 short for the month of September! Therefore, that is my urgent prayer request at the moment - pray that these people would come through with their promised amounts and/or I would find some new supporters who would be so generous as to pick up where these folks are lacking. If you yourself, or someone else you know, might be interested - let me know!

On a much more excited note - ministry here has been going really well! It took me a while to get back into a groove of sharing the gospel on campus for 6 hours a day.....but now I have seen the Lord really at work and it's simply exciting. We have seen 4 people accept Christ as their personal Lord and Savior in the last week (I personally got to witness two of those!!). We have only been sharing on the campuses for one week, but already we are trusting the Lord with big plans. Previously, the STINT teams have worked on the Facultad Humanidades (Humanities, because that's where the language students are and many speak English!) and have done a little work on Hechicera (Sciences campus, very few English speakers). Yesterday, we took the opportunity of a few willing Vida Estudiantil students as tour guides to take us to the Faculties of Medicine, Odontology and Music. We spent some time sharing the gospel on Medicina, and praying over all three campuses. These are just a few of the wide spread ULA campuses in the city. We are lifting them up in prayer to the Lord and trusting in Him to raise up movements on each campus. It's going to be quite a stretch for us humans, but for God - it'll be the blink of an eye!

More later....

No comments: