Thursday, January 8, 2009

I recognize...

the fact that I haven't written in a loooooong time. With the craziness of the snow piles, Christmas, New Years, stressing out about grad school applications, and hating my job...blogging may perhaps have gotten lost in the process. Let me sum up...

Christmas - was great! I was pretty worried that I wouldn't make it home, due to blizzards and icy roads, but my beautiful mother came to my rescue on Christmas Eve and actually drove over to get me in her car (much safer than my own) and my father and grandmother drove me home on Christmas day. Christmas itself was a quiet event, spent with my parents, brother (home FINALLY from a harrowing flight experience trying to get out of Idaho and into SeaTac), and Grandmother. We opened presents, chatted, built a gingerbread house and ate lots of delicious food (and way too many sweets!) Fortunately for me this year, Christmas was really only one day (not two weeks like it is in college!) so I didn't have too much time to overload on holidays desserts.

New Years - also fun. I went to a get-together with a group of college friends in the UDistrict. We had a lovely dinner made by Morgan and an evening full of chatting and home-made charades....quite entertaining! We capped off the evening with a speedy rush up Queen Anne hill to watch the fireworks off the Space Needle and toast with champagne. Unforunately because it was raining and FREEZING, we didn't stay long...but all in all, it was a good night...and I stayed up later than I have in a reallllly long time...I'm such an old woman!

Pics to come someday when I'm at my actual computer....

No comments: