Monday, August 9, 2010

Roots Rock!

Well folks, it's true - I am now 25 years old...a true quarter of a century. How did I celebrate my day of birth you ask? I enjoyed a lovely Thai food dinner and cake with my family on Saturday...and then woke up with the sun early early on Sunday morning to run the Roots Rock half-marathon in Port Gamble, WA. Although I was hesistant going into the half-marathon (it's only my second one ever!), I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It was my first ever trail run (instead of pavement) and it was so much fun. I was able to run the entire race (last time my dad and I walked a large portion of it). I even passed quite a few people! All in all, it was an incredible experience - I definitely understand the concept of a "runner's high". I hope to keep up my running practice, although it will be difficult with winter coming and the craziness of classes and work...but I'll do my best!

On another note, I had a list of things that I wanted to accomplish by my 25th birthday. Unfortunately, a lot of them required money or a partner to do them with, and as I am currently money-less and partner-less...they did not get accomplished. So instead, I'm adding them to my list of things to DO in my year as a 25 year old...I plan to continue adding to the list and see what I get done before 26.

The one large thing that was on my list that I did accomplish was paying off all my undergraduate student loans...that was huge, and I'm so glad I did it. (Don't even get my started thinking about grad school loans...).

So far, here's my list for this upcoming year:
Skydiving
Being able to do a real pushup (guy pushup) consistently...I have no arm strength!
Shoot a gun
Get a bike
Finish reading the LOTR books (and eventually watch the movies)
Write my book

*there are more, but I can't remember them now! I'll add to this list as they come to me...*

No comments: