Monday, August 30, 2010

Duh!

Yesterday, TUMC (the church I work for) hosted an all-church picnic. First of all, can I just say that picnics with old people are never a good idea? The potluck food was a disgusting mix of bean concoctions and mayonnaise-based noodle salads...all of which looked quite repulsive. Second of all, I was in charge of the "games". Well, I don't know if you know this - but old people HATE having fun! That is correct. I set up the games and got all ready...and not a single person would even entertain the thought. They preferred to sit, complain about their aches and pain, and glom more mayonnaise onto their waistlines....

Needless to say, I eventually gave up on getting any real games going and just played frisbee with the kids. We also fed some bread to the ducks and of course, played on the swingset and monkey bars.

While feeding the ducks, I asked my friend Jonah, who is 5 years old, why one of the ducks was white, even though the rest were brown? He said, "Because God painted him white, of course!"

Silly me...I should have known!

His sister and I named the duck Rapunzel...Jonah renamed it Bob the Builder....either way, that duck was the most popular and is probably stuffed with enough bread balls to last it a week.

No comments: