Friday, March 12, 2010

No, YOUR hair is brown :(

As this winter quarter winds itself down to a close, I find myself less and less able to complete anything! I have only two assignments and one project left to go, all due by Monday, and yet somehow my brain has already given in and wants to simply plant myself in front of Paula Dean and learn how to make every food covered in butter imaginable. I suppose that is to be expected after an exhausting quarter, but it rather frustrates my type-A personality, that wants to do the best I can all the time! 3 assignments to go, I keep telling myself and yet somehow that is no longer motivating me. Someone come give me a shoulder rub and the will to go on? Alright, enough drama....

First things first, I need some donkey fur. No, I'm not kidding. I'm looking for some donkey fur for an Easter illustration so if anyone has some let me know.

Second, I spoke too soon a few weeks ago when introducing you all to the new man in my life. Alas, as quickly as he came, he is now gone and taken a piece of my heart with him. I won't bore you all with the gory details, but I will state this for the record: He is an incredible person, we had a great friendship that simply didn't work romantically. I sincerely hope we can regain that friendship someday and I wish him the absolute best.

Third, I got a letter from AARP the other day. No, I'm not kidding about this one either. It wasn't just a letter, it was a card, and an invitation to join. REALLY??? I mean, I know my social life is lacking and I may not wear the hippest clothes, but COME ON! I'm 24 years old for Pete's sake (ever wonder who Pete is?), why am I being invited to join AARP? That's what I get for living in Sequim I suppose.

Fourth, next quarter I get to start spending my first significant amounts of time in the classroom. I already volunteer in the elementary science lab currently, but next quarter I need to actually complete 40 hours of observation, and I'm excited! Mrs. Marcy, first grade teacher at Helen Haller, has graciously agreed to allow me in her classroom and I can't wait.
-One the other hand, next quarter will be insane. I'm taking 3 classes. I need to be in Seattle 2 days a week instead of 1. So that means I need to do my 20 hours a week at the church the other 3 days a week....AND find the daylight hours to be in the classroom! YIKES. Someone get me a brown paper bag?

Fifth, I love my job. I absolutely do. I love the kids most of all. However, a week or so ago I had this very disheartening conversation with one of the little boys.

*The girls were teasing him about his very red hair*
Me: "You know Joe, when I was born, I had red hair just like you! And then when I started to grow up, it got blonde like it is now."
Joe: "Really? But now your hair's brown. ??!"

Oh Joe, way to cut me to the quick, and yet do it so innocently. Apparently my hair is now brown. I blame Washington.

Finally, can anyone think of any good kids Easter songs? I've got plenty for Christmas or even Thanksgiving, but can't seem to come up with any for Easter. Help me out folks!

Another blog is in the work shortly - I'm going back to my media reviews for the few pieces of media I've consumed lately. Besides, what else would I be doing right now? Oh yeah...working on that huge presentation? Nah...

No comments: