Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Little Boys

These two observations come from my experiences in a first grade classroom yesterday. They can summarized by a combination of these two statements: 1). Kids are funny and 2). Little boys (ok, all boys) are gross.

The teacher was leading a discussion about the differences between inside and outside rules...

Teacher: "What are some inside rules that your mom and dad have at your house?"
Kid A: "No running."
Kid B: "No throwing things."
Kid C: "No coloring on the walls."
Kid D: "No farting on your brothers!"

Gross.

The other interaction I witnessed as a kid who came up the teacher looking absolutely forlorn, this is how that conversation went:

Teacher: "What's wrong? Are you ok?"
Kid: "I need to go to the nurse."
Teacher: "Ok, what's wrong?"
Kid: "Well, I keep burping and it smells really bad."

Little boys...eeshk.

1 comment:

Leonardo Romero said...

Hahahahahahahaha!! Cool story, despite I'm a boy.