Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Trip to Valencia!

Hello all, I am, of course, back in Mérida. My trip to Valencia was incredible. It was a great opportunity to get some time outside Mérida to gain some perspective, as well as, of course, getting a chance to visit La Universidad de Carabobo, connect with key students at UC, do some promotion for Congreso, and check out La Estancia El Milagro (where Congreso will be held). http://www.campamentolaestancia.com/


I had a great time in Valencia, my travels went off without a single hitch - Praise be to the Lord and thank you to all of you who prayed for me! We were warmly greeted at the airport by MariaGracia (a very sweet girl involved with Vida Estudiantil) as well as her brother, Hernan, and his girlfriend, Tibisay. They were very sweet to us and drove us "home" and chatted with us the whole way - in English! and Spanish. It was

incredible, actually Maria's entire family spoke varying degrees of English, which was really cool and helpful for us. They were such a welcoming and warm family, it was great to feel loved from the moment of walking through the door.

We spent one morning/day on the Universidad de Carabobo....We got to meet a few of the key Vida students at the faculty, as well as explore the campuses and speak with another Christian group to promote PRUEBA DE FUEGO. We also did some promotion at a local church. We spent one afternoon/evening at La Estancia El Milagro (http://www.campamentolaestancia.com/) taking pictures of the location, checking out all it has to offer, and asking a list of 37 very specific questions in order to be better prepared for our students to spend 4 days there. I'm super excited to see how everything will transpire in the next month, and how God will be speaking to students hearts, asking them to take steps of faith to come to the Congreso.

The coolest part of the experience for me, was getting the chance to live for 4 days
with a Venezuelan family. Having lived with gringos the whole time I've been here, it hasn't provided was the super cultural experience that this was of actually living and experiencing daily life, like a Venezuelan. It was really fun! The family we stayed with was incredible and took great care of us :). However, ever since leaving I've really been missing my family and feeling pretty homesick :S. I also miss having a mom to take care of me! (especially right now, I've been super sick for days now...) Haha, I guess I'm really not grown up yet afterall.

Keep praying for Congreso! It's coming up realllllllly soon, and we are still lacking in finances for students, as well as transportation to Valencia. Thanks for your prayers!

No comments: