Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers are Wonderful Things

Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful Mothers out there:) I know that there are definitely some that read this blog, and to each of you I wish you days filled with joy and hopes that those you love are close enough to hug today....

On that note...I am not within hugging distance of my mom, nor of my grandmothers. :( This is one of the days it's really hard to be in another country. So in lieu of that I am writing them a shout-out in this way, to say Thank You for being in my life.

Mom....thank you for being who you are. Thank you for reading the Little House books over and over when we were younger. Thanks for letting us toilet paper our own house, just to have fun at a slumber party. Thanks for my surprise 8th grade graduation cake. Thanks for always being the mom who showed up for everything in school. Thanks for making my costumes - princess, ballerina, Mary Ingalls....and helping with booktalks and dioramas, Thanks for letting me watch Grease when I got my braces on. Thanks for sending me many more care packages than any of the other kids ever got. Thanks for coming to Seattle when I broke my foot, and taking care of me, even though I should be old enough to take care of myself by now. Thank you for letting me come to Venezuela, no matter how scared you were. Mom, you've always been there when I needed you. More than anything, thank you for not letting me go when things are hard. I love you and I miss you sooo much.








Grandma Jean....Thank you for always always being faithful. Thank you for coming to every swim meet or tennis match or band concert. Thank you for letting us help decorate your house for the holidays. Thanks for letting me help with the lasagna or sugar cookies or...divinity!! Haha.Thanks for being silly with us sometimes and putting up with all our teasing. Thank you so much for supporting me to come to Venezuela, even though I know it was not exactly what you were expecting me to do with my life :) Thanks for your emails, and more importantly thank you for your prayers. I love you, and I miss you so much.


Grandma Sal - Thank you so much for being fabulous :) Thank you for birthday cards and Christmas cards and presents. Thank you for taking me shopping and to the beach. Thanks for letting us jump on you to wake up in the morning. Thanks for making the best pot roast and meatloaf! Thanks for buying the little boxes of cereal and bottles of apple juice. Thanks for being beautiful and stylish and encouraging us to be the same. Thank you so much for being my beautiful grandmother, I love you and miss you so much.








You all mean the world to me! I will be home in 80 short days! Wishing you the happiest of happy Mother's days :)

P.S. Special shout-out as well to Beth Coonts, who I've become aware reads this blog. I've never met you, but your daughter and I have spent many hours comparing how much we miss our mothers and telling anecdotes of you two. I'm sure I'll meet you someday...until then, Happy Mother's Day, God Bless :)

No comments: