Saturday, January 15, 2011

What My Phone Has to Say...

While cleaning out the pictures from my phone memory the other day I came across a few to share....

On Thanksgiving I made my first ever angel food cake from scratch! It turned out excellent.  I added my own cranberry glaze, that I made like you would make a normal glaze and then added some cranberry jelly and strained the glaze to get the jelly lumps out.  It was pretty.

Around Christmas time, I made snowman mints.  Do you believe those are actually mints? Yep, they're awfully cute, but they are also tasty - to me, they tasted like "After-Dinner Mints" (if you've ever had those..they're kind of old-school).  My Grandma refused to eat these, or even try one...perhaps they were too cute for her, who knows.  I had fun making them...they'd be great for a kids' Christmas party.


Gorgeous morning at John Wayne Marina the other day....this is one of the places I will miss when (if) I move in the next couple of months...speaking of which - my last day of work is a month from yesterday, wow.

My cat (Boo) likes to "help" me with homework...she rubs her head against my laptop. Thanks kitten. She also demands lots of petting...as shown in this picture.

That is all for now....

No comments: